Friday, October 28, 2011

Zone4 Magazine and Website

A year or so ago, I subscribed to Zone4, a gardening magazine about "LIVING in the high country WEST."  Their subscription advertisement said "ZONE4's expert contributors offer advice on everything you need to know to be a successful gardener in the short, dry growing seasons of Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and Idaho."  It should have mentioned "high altitude," too.

"Plus," they continue, "Q & A with Montana State University's top horticulturist Dr. Bob Gough, sustainable sources of local foods, recipes, farmers markets, flowers on MainStreet, outdoor art, and more."

The price is $24 a/year or $40 for 2 years.  It is published four times a year.   It is expensive to publish a beautiful, slick magazine like this, and I knew I needed to put my money where my mouth was.

When I first saw this magazine, I was low-water ideas deprived:  not only did I order up a two-year subscription, but I sprung for back issues as well.

The 2011 Fall Edition is out, and I am awaiting their 2011Winter Edition.

Meanwhile I watch them online.  Click here to view their website. Click the back arrow to return.  Highlights of their website include their issue back-issues index, videos, store (everyone has a gardener on their Christmas gift) and a recipe corner.







No comments:

Post a Comment